Friday, April 19, 2013

Debating

So, yeah, I'm debating going the indiegogo route for what might to some sound absurd, but to me is not. Yes, I'm talking, believe it or not, dental implants. The story of how I got this way is very long and I won't go into much detail here, though I'll say a big part of it is from my days drinking and, for want of a better way to put it, slumming it in Tampa and Ocala, Florida, often sleeping in alleys and whatnot, times in which I wouldn't eat for days upon days. But enough about that, and be thankful I'm not posting any pictures.

Point is, I've got my life, for the most part back together, but this problem is no longer just a simple nuisance, it's become a bit debilitating and, even moreso, embarassing, and I no longer can ever smile.

This whole post is kind of embarassing, honestly, but, well, there it is. I'm no longer one of those people that says, "Hi, everything is great," when it's not.

So, if I were to do something like this, I have two questions for you all.

1) Any suggestions on the best way to go about it?

2) What sorts of incentives would you all be wanting?

I've debated auctioning off some rare Roger Zelazny stuff (including an amazing original painting), but I'm not quite sure in this case.

Any thoughts, suggestions, love, help, etc., is more than appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Have you thought about doing an anthology tribute to your father? I am trying to look up some of his work but I don't know where to start. That would be something that is tailor made for you as an editor being you grew up with him as a father.

    ReplyDelete