Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Thank you for your help, Amazon

---- Original message:

09/25/12 11:11:04 : Trent Zelazny

This was the option that seemed best to write to. I have a book coming out on October 31st of this year. Rather than pre-order, it has 'email to be alerted when book is available.' It says on the page publication date October 31st, 2012. Could this please be switched to the pre-order option?

Thank you.

TOO LATE TO CALL TEXAS
Trent Zelazny
Paperback: 226 pages
Publisher: Black Curtain Press (October 31, 2012
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1617208434
ISBN-13: 978-1617208430


From: "Amazon.com Customer Service" cs-reply@amazon.com&gt, To: "trentzelazny@juno.com" trentzelazny@juno.com

Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 23:40:01 +0000

Hello Trent, I'd love to help make your book "TOO LATE TO CALL TEXAS" available for pre-order before its release date on our website. However, I recommend discussing this request with your publisher or distributor, as the availability of your book is communicated to us by them. They can work with their representatives at Amazon in order to set this up for you. I'm sorry we're unable to carry out your request, but I hope this information is helpful to you. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks for using Author Central and have a wonderful day!


This e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. To contact us about an unrelated issue, please use our Contact Us form found here: https://authorcentral.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us

Best regards,

Sammy B.


=============================

---- Original message: ----

'Trent Zelazny' (trentzelazny@juno.com)

Thank you for getting back to me. I just don't understand why it would say the available date then. I've spoken with the publisher. There was no issue with Barnes and Nobel or any other retailer, only Amazon.



---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Amazon.com Customer Service" <cs-reply@amazon.com>
To: "trentzelazny@juno.com" <trentzelazny@juno.com>
Subject: Your Amazon.com Author Central Inquiry
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 11:17:59 +0000

Hello Trent,

I regret that we haven't been able to address your concerns to your satisfaction.

We won't be able to provide further insight or assistance for your request.

Thank you for contacting us.

Best regards,

Esha S
http://authors.amazon.com


From: "trentzelazny@juno.com" <trentzelazny@juno.com>
To: "Amazon.com Customer Service" <cs-reply@amazon.com>
Subject: Your Amazon.com Author Central Inquiry
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 12:26:08 +0000


So, basically, what you're telling me is to fuck off.








5 comments:

  1. Was I unreasonable? I honestly want to know if there was something I did (other than the last bit) to warrant that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did blow you off. They clearly only want to work with your publisher. My guess is that they probably have some contractual agreement that things like this must be worked out with the publisher.

    I think your publisher needs to contact Amazon on your behalf. It sounds like something has gone wrong in the setup of your book and since they'll only talk to the publisher, he need to contact Amazon and make it right. One thing I have learned about Amazon is that if you have a POD production for a book, they won't accept pre-orders. So, maybe it has something to do with this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isn't a POD book. Publisher is working on it but from what I understand hasn't gotten anywhere. Regardless, I think it's pretty rude to simply drop me, especially without even emphasizing in a second message how it works, explaining anything further.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would wager that was a stock CSR response for "oh crap, I don't have any one-size-fits-all answers for this in my script and just want to close this ticket."

    I don't think you warranted that. It seems to me that they should offer an avenue for contacting a supervisor or some other route to get answers if they can't help you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get sick of that, too. I recently had to go to war with the student loan people because apparently they can't read the instructions on their own forms properly, and the people who respond to queries were just using copy-paste responses. Finally, I guess one of my responses (in which I happened to remind them of the terms of the contract over my loans and that unlike many disabled poor people, I have two lawyers for in-laws) got "escalated" the next person in the ladder, because even though I submitted no new paperwork, I went from "denied" to "approved" overnight.

    I think that, on one hand, these bureaucrats are just doing their jobs, but on the other hand, I think some of them like to make things harder. Ego rush. Power, that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete