Monday, July 9, 2012

Trent, write a fucking novel

I hear this a lot. "Your stuff is short, why don't you write a fucking novel?"

This is very easy to answer. Do one smidge of research and you'll find I have two full-length novels out with a third coming in September. Like everything else in the world, before you ask a question of this type, simply check first. What you're really saying is "I don't really give a frog's fat ass about what you write, but I've heard you write a lot of short stuff. Here I can sound smart and big by asking this guy a question that will make him feel uneasy, and, shit yeah, I don't even have to do the simplest research."

And I do appreciate how often people swear when saying this to me.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ―Harlan Ellison

No comments:

Post a Comment